[Avodah] V'San Bracha or V'san Tal U'Matar?

Simon Montagu via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Nov 6 04:37:59 PST 2016

On 6 בנוב 2016 14:15, "Professor L. Levine via Avodah" <
avodah at lists.aishdas.org> wrote:

> A friend of mine who resides in Brooklyn was in EY last week for 3 days
to attend the Pidyon Ha Ben of a great grandson.

> In EY they are already saying V'san Tal U'Matar.  He, of course, was
saying V'San Bracha.

> He told me on Shabbos that he was not sure whether to say  V'San Bracha
or V'san Tal U'Matar while in EY.

> Anyone have any insight into this issue?

I looked into a number of Aharonim when I was in Morocco this time two
years ago. I don't remember any citations, but the conclusion I reached was
that you can say whichever you choose and there will be a posek on whom you
can rely.