[Avodah] fitbit

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Nov 2 09:33:55 PDT 2016

On 02/11/16 12:05, via Avodah wrote:

> From: Zev Sero via Avodah <avodah at lists.aishdas.org>
>
> How is it zilzul shabbat to simply wear clothes, just because they do
> something that will be useful after shabbos?  Surely it's just like
> wearing a self-winding watch, which I don't think anyone has a problem
> with.
>

> --
> Zev Sero
> zev at sero.name
>

> There are people who will not wear a watch on Shabbos.  This is not such
> a rare phenomenon.

There are people who won't wear *any* watch outside on Shabbos, unless
one would wear it even if it weren't working. But that's because of
issur tiltul.  It's got nothing to do with any issur connected with the
watch itself or what it's doing.  They'll wear watches where there's an
eruv.    But afaik nobody has a problem with a self-winding watch.

--
Zev Sero                Hit the road, Jack
zev at sero.name           but please come back once more