[Avodah] fitbit

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Nov 2 08:05:25 PDT 2016

On 02/11/16 10:58, Micha Berger wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 01, 2016 at 11:39:07PM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
> : again, according to the material you cited about static the whole
> : problem was sparks.  Since there is no mention of sparks in the
> : article, none of that discussion was relevant to our topic..
>
> But they must be, somehow. This clothing is using the same effect as
> making static electricity by rubbing one's feet on carpeting. Just here,
> the electrons are not left static, and set in motion around a circuit.

Why should that be a problem?  The problem discussed over there is not
the static electricity at all, but only the sparks that are created when
it discharges.  If there are no sparks (and the article we're discussing
doesn't mention any) then the problem doesn't exist.  *Other* problems
may or may not exist, but the discussion about sparks sheds no light on
that.

--
Zev Sero                Hit the road, Jack
zev at sero.name           but please come back once more