[Avodah] running creates electricity

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Nov 1 20:56:53 PDT 2016

On 01/11/16 08:15, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
> << It's all about sparks, not electricity.  Who mentioned sparks here?
> What have they got to do with the topic?  There's no mention of sparks
> in the article, so why do you suppose they would exist? >>
>
> No there is no sparks that I know. My assumption was that this would be
> worse than sparks since they have a long term effect. If part of the
> heter for sparks is that they are not intended this would not apply to
> these new clothing.

You seem to be missing the entire point of the discussion you cited.
Who cares whether there is a long or short term effect?  Who told you
that this is at all a problem?  The entire problem discussed there was
sparks; some found a heter for the sparks, some didn't.  But if there
are no sparks then there is no problem in the first place, so there's no
need for a heter.

--
Zev Sero                Hit the road, Jack
zev at sero.name           but please come back once more