[Avodah] fitbit

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Nov 1 20:39:07 PDT 2016

On 01/11/16 14:13, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:

> So (1) there is positive intention to create and store electricity
> (2) it might (in the future) be put into active use
>
> So again it would seem to me that it is more serious than the heter for
> causing static electricity which has neither of these problems.

again, according to the material you cited about static the whole
problem was sparks.  Since there is no mention of sparks in the article,
none of that discussion was relevant to our topic.  That problem, as far
as we know, doesn't exist, so doesn't need a heter.

How is it zilzul shabbat to simply wear clothes, just because they do
something that will be useful after shabbos?  Surely it's just like
wearing a self-winding watch, which I don't think anyone has a problem
with.

--
Zev Sero                Hit the road, Jack
zev at sero.name           but please come back once more