[Avodah] R' Nissim Karelitz's Beis Din: Kohanim cannot fly from Ben Gurion

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Nov 1 16:14:08 PDT 2016

On 01/11/16 00:03, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
> This is the part I don't get. What good does the fence do if he is
> carrying it? How does a portable fence insure that he won't step over a
> grave?

There's no chance that he'll step on a grave.  Graves are well marked,
and if he sticks to the path he won't step on them.  A fence allows him
to come within four amos of them.

[Email #2. -micha]

On 01/11/16 06:08, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
> In either case, I share your confusion about how a mobile wall would help.
> You get the 2 reshuyos to allow it deOraisa, but you don't cover the
> gezeira to avoid accidental negi'ah or ohel.

Simple.  He's walking on the path. But the path comes within four amos
of graves.  Without a fence he might be maahil over a grave; with a
fence he's on one side, the grave is on the other, so no part of him can
be over it.

--
Zev Sero                Hit the road, Jack
zev at sero.name           but please come back once more