[Avodah] R' Nissim Karelitz's Beis Din: Kohanim cannot fly from Ben Gurion

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Nov 1 10:53:29 PDT 2016

<<The curvature of the earth may not be relevant but the earth's rotation
around its axis surely is. >>

First I completely agree with Rbn Katz.  My only point was the question
whether up is defined as a radius from the earth's center to the cemetery
and onwards or by some vertical to a plane on the earth's center.

Obviously for points nearby the difference is negligible but not for points
far away.
In any case we agree that it is ridiculous to apply this to a cohen on the
moon.
What about a cohen astronaut in an orbit that passes "above" (whatever that
means) the Holon cemetery. In this case one is out of sight looking from
the ground up to the sky

--
Eli Turkel