[Avodah] R' Nissim Karelitz's Beis Din: Kohanim cannot fly, from Ben Gurion for the next few weeks

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Oct 31 17:25:23 PDT 2016

On 31/10/16 17:34, Gil Winokur via Avodah wrote:
> Can anyone provide a NOTAM number and the affected SID?  As I read the
> active NOTAMS,   the only matching one is A0734/16, which reads as follows:
> A0734/16 1611010001 to 1611172159 RWY INT 08/12 CLSD, DUE WIP. RWY 21
> AVBL FOR LDG AND TKOF. RWY 12 AVBL FOR TKOF FM W4.
> Simply put, because of construction, the intersection of runways 8 and
> 12 is closed.  That also closes runway 26 (facing west) which includes
> that intersection to be closed, forcing all takeoffs to be from runways
> 12 or 21
 > [...]
> So what changed that resulted in this psak being issued?

This is definitely the notice in question, since the dates match
exactly.   Now you say that runway 26, which is closed for those 17
days, goes over the cemetery, and runway 12, which remains open,
doesn't.  It appears that the beis din was given the opposite
information.  If your info is correct then someone with access to the
beis din should inform them, both so they correct the psak and so they
get better sources of information in future.

--
Zev Sero                Hit the road, Jack
zev at sero.name           but please come back once more