[Avodah] R' Nissim Karelitz's Beis Din: Kohanim cannot fly from Ben Gurion for the next few weeks

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Oct 30 20:10:13 PDT 2016

On 30/10/16 07:25, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
> first not everyone agrees with the psak of R Karelitz. Among the reasons
> are precisely that perhaps tumah does not really go on "forever". In
> addition to questions about the moon how about accounting for the
> curvature of the earth?

What about it?  How is it relevant?   at any given point in the
universe, you are either above a grave or you are not.

> As we have have pointed out in the past numerous poskim state that
> :ma-shehu" on Pesach should not be taken literally, i.e. a nano particle
> of chametz is not prohinted. Similarly tumah rises as far as a person
> can see with a naked eye. One woulkd need to check how high the plane is
> over the Holon cemetery

(a) Planes can be seen with the naked eye even at cruising altitude, if
the weather permits.  (b) Even if that were not so, surely it's beyond
all question that planes taking off from NTBG and flying over Holon can
be easily and clearly seen from the ground.  It's only ten km from
takeoff, after all.

--
Zev Sero                Hit the road, Jack
zev at sero.name           but please come back once more