[Avodah] R' Nissim Karelitz's Beis Din: Kohanim cannot fly from Ben Gurion for the next few weeks

Marty Bluke via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Oct 30 06:29:58 PDT 2016

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Zev Sero <zev at sero.name> wrote:
> On 30/10/16 03:36, Marty Bluke via Avodah wrote:
>> This is quite an issue for Kohanim, basically it means that Kohanim
>> can't leave Israel as Ben Gurion is pretty much the only international
>> airport.

> The article suggests an alternative.

As someone who lives in Israel, that is not a realistic alternative to fly
from Haifa to Cyprus.

[Email #2. -micha]

I did a quick search on Orbitz for flights from Haifa to Cyprus, here is
what I got:

We've searched more than 400 airlines that we sell, and couldn't find any
flights from Haifa (HFA)  to
Larnaca (LCA) on Tue, Nov 1

[Email #3. -micha]

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Zev Sero <zev at sero.name> wrote:
>                     Without certain knowledge that it does there is no
> problem.  The overwhelming majority of the earth's surface does *not*
> consist of Jewish graves, and all of it was created without such graves, so
> each bit of surface you travel over can be assumed to be tahor unless you
> know (as in this case) that it isn't.

Why not? Maybe Kohanim should have to check teh flight path and ensure that
they aren't going to be flying over a cemetery. There are quite a number of
Jewish cemetaries in Europe.