[Avodah] Waterproof S'chach? Really?

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Oct 21 13:00:58 PDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 03:35:36PM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
: It hurts when the rain comes down and we need to go back into the regular
: house. No one looks forward to that. But perhaps we should not fight it
: either, if that's what Hashem has decreed. Somehow, I am reminded of the
: Ma'apilim (B'midbar 14:40-45) ...

OTOH, the same Rav Who threw the wine over the eved's head by making it
rain was the same One who made this new sekhakh design available.

I am reminded of the old saw about the True Believer who drowns in a
local flood. At the end, when he has a chance to ask why, G-d replies,
"I sent you the rowboat, the Coast Guard cutter and the helecopter,
what more did you expect Me to do?"

I don't think you can make a solid hashkafic case either way on this one.

:-)BBii!