[Avodah] Waterproof S'chach? Really?

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Oct 21 08:08:46 PDT 2016

On 21/10/16 06:27, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:

> Such s'chach might be beyond the budget of many people, or unavailable
> for other reasons. But if one does have the option, then avoiding it for
> reasons of "not traditional" sounds to me very much like the ill person
> who insisting on fasting on Yom Kippur.

To me it sounds more like an ill person who insists on *eating* on Yom
Kippur, rather than taking advantage of some advance in medical
technology that would allow him to fast, on the grounds that his father
and grandfather did without such measures and simply ate when they had to.

--
Zev Sero                Wishing everyone a good aquittal
zev at sero.name