[Avodah] CARRYING ON YOM TOV: IS IT ALWAYS PERMITTED?

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Oct 21 06:01:11 PDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 11:35:22AM +0000, R/Prof YL quoted Rabbi Doniel
Neustadt from torah.org <http://tinyurl.com/h7s3g2z>:
: 1)-Carrying for a positive Yom Tov purpose - permitted
: 2)-Carrying for no purpose - prohibited
: 3)-Carrying for a "preventive" purpose - questionable

Same question, chol hamo'ed? I assume preventative purpose would be
okay, as would a positive ChM or YT purpose, including ChM trips and
other entertainment as positive. But it struck me when reading this --
need I be careful about even carrying (a melakhah garua) on ChM?

:-)BBii!