[Avodah] 2 days RH

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Oct 9 18:52:50 PDT 2016

On Sun, Oct 09, 2016 at 09:45:59PM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
:                                                                   It's no
: different than how the second day of Shavuos is not the "real" Shavuos, yet
: we say in our prayers that today is when the Torah was given. Ditto for the
: second Seder, etc etc....

The second day of Shavous is quite different than the second seder. The
second day of Shavuos is the actual anniversary of matan Torah. Shavuos
is Zeman Matan Toraseinu only in the sense that the zeman is defined by
the omer, not the date.

And whe seder is also different than saying there is special RH kaparah,
as one is talking about chiyuvim, and the other is talking about things
HQBH grants. (Unless it's our chiyuv that triggers His response...)

GCT!

Micha Berger             The meaning of life is to find your gift.
micha at aishdas.org        The purpose of life
http://www.aishdas.org   is to give it away.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                     - Pablo Picasso