[Avodah] What is Real Chassidus

Professor L. Levine via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Nov 29 08:46:40 PST 2016

I have posted Rabbi Dr. Joseph Breuer's (ZT"L) essay Our Way at

Our Way<https://web.stevens.edu/golem/llevine/rsrh/our_way.pdf> by Rav Dr. Yosef Breuer

which was written in 1954. In it he outlines what real Chassidus is.  His essay concludes with

Doubtless, the so-called German Jewishness, with its Torah im
Derech Eretz demand, can stand up proudly before genuine
Chassidism; to live up to the Torah im Derech Eretz precept in its
true meaning is to follow the path upon which Chassidus greets us
as the crowning glory of life. Thus, Rav Hirsch, and with him the
great Torah leaders in Germany,were exemplary Chassidim sent to
us by Divine Providence.

YL