[Avodah] The Benediction Over Soft Matza

jay via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Nov 27 16:42:28 PST 2016

> BUT, the Chida does answer one question I had along the
> way... Sepharadim only have this problem with crispy matzah.  Soft
> matzah is hamotzi year-round.

You could have seen this question answered last year in Israel, where
the last day of Passover was immediately followed by Shabbath, without
any intervening time in which to buy or bake bread (it is interesting
to think about what Sefardim would do, if they paskened that soft
matza is like crispy matza; the only two alternatives I can think of
are to arrange for a non-Jew to give you kosher bread on Shabbath, and
to perform qvi`ath s`udah with matza, according to whatever criteria
you have for qvi`ath s`udah).

                        Jay F. ("Yaakov") Shachter
                        6424 N Whipple St
                        Chicago IL  60645-4111
                                (1-773)7613784   landline
                                (1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
                                jay at m5.chicago.il.us
                                http://m5.chicago.il.us

                        "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"