[Avodah] God's Will in Syria

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Dec 27 11:20:26 PST 2016

On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 06:30:30PM +0000, Rich, Joel via Avodah wrote:
:>                         I can't
:>     imagine that God allows me to watch people created in His image doing
:>     these things to one another and telling "enjoy the show". That isn't
:>     my God.

: I can't imagine either side being so sure they know the mind of
: HKB"H. Of course one has to make their best guess in the context of all
: the other demands one one's resources.

We can do better than guessing... We have Torah to work with to actually
theorize. Especially since we're not just talking about what Hashem is
thinking, but what He is thinking about how we should be feeling.

I reposted RBW's email here with the hope that people would be motivated
to bring sources on the subject.

And with hopes this doesn't just repeat the binfol oyivkha discussion
of 2011. To know the directions I am hoping to avoid repeating, see
<http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/getindex.cgi?section=B#BINFOL%20OYIVCHA>
and following topics, and
http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/getindex.cgi?section=D#DROPS%20OF%20WINE
among other threads, along with my conclusions after that discussion
at http://www.aishdas.org/asp/compassion-for-our-enemies

Micha Berger             The Maharal of Prague created a golem, and
micha at aishdas.org        this was a great wonder. But it is much more
http://www.aishdas.org   wonderful to transform a corporeal person into a
Fax: (270) 514-1507      "mensch"!     -Rav Yisrael Salanter