[Avodah] V'San Bracha or V'san Tal U'Matar?

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Nov 6 05:01:11 PST 2016

On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 02:48:48PM +0200, Akiva Blum wrote:
: In the EY that I live in, we start saying vsein tal on 7th Marchesvan.
: That's this coming Monday night.

I presume the actual case is that EY will be switching during the 3
week visit.

Whether or not I am guessing currectly, that case raises an interesting
variant on the question.

Would the answer be different if one is in Israel for the switch, and
would be switching with them?

What about the Israeli coming here? Would those that have the chutznik
saying "vesein berakhah" have the Israeli temporarily saying "vesein
tal umatar livrakha"?

I had a friend who refused to become Chazan in this situation. He
was indeed still saying "vesein berakhah" in the US, and believed
(logically enough) it was only possible because it was betzin'ah. He
therefore didn't want to be put in the predicament of having to say the
berakhah befarhesia.

I am eagerly awaiting someone bringing real sources to this thread,
though.

And knowing what lemaaseh the friend's poseiq told him to do.

Micha Berger             Education is not the filling of a bucket,
micha at aishdas.org        but the lighting of a fire.
http://www.aishdas.org                - W.B. Yeats
Fax: (270) 514-1507