[Avodah] running creates electricity

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Oct 31 11:29:24 PDT 2016

On 31/10/16 13:53, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
> one can create electricity on ones clothing by running.
> Is this allowed on shabbat?
>
> http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/10/31/run-for-it-smart-fabric-generates-electricity-when-move.html

I don't think anyone has a problem on Shabbos with electricity itself.
It's *doing* things with electricity that raises various problems.  So
if going about ones normal business while wearing this clothing doesn't
do any of those things, then I can't see the problem.  What you do with
the clothing after Shabbos is your business.

--
Zev Sero                Hit the road, Jack
zev at sero.name           but please come back once more