[Avodah] conservatism in davening

Chesky Salomon via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Oct 16 06:18:58 PDT 2016

On 2016-10-13 12:36 PM, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
> PS: As for broken tunes.... I still have a deep problem with "Az beqol,
> ra'ash gadol, adir vechazaq mashmi'im qol" -- the standard nusach has
> the pauses in places that don't fit the grammar.

Fortunately, the nusach barely needs to be changed to accommodate the
correct grammar: the musical phrase for "az beqol" can be filled with
just "az", that for "ra'ash gadol" takes "beqol ra'ash", and that for
"adir vechazaq mashmi'im qol" needs a very subtle change to take "gadol
adir vechazaq, mashmi'im qol" (works better if you pronounce "gadol
adir" correctly milra).

--Chesky Salomon