[Avodah] N'kom L'aynaynu

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Oct 5 08:14:03 PDT 2016

On Tue, Oct 04, 2016 at 10:18:45PM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
: Near the end of the list of Avinu Malkenu, we find "... n'kom l'aynaynu
: nikmas dam avadecha hashafuch."
:
: Praying that Hashem should avenge the spilled blood of His servants is a
: very reasonable request, especially in the context of the lines before and
: after that one. But I am a bit surprised by the inclusion of the word
: "l'aynanu"...

I think it's that we're more concerned that the world see that yeish
din veyeish Dayan than we have some need for the wicked people to get
theirs. All, as long as they stop doing bad to us, why should we care?

GCT!