[Avodah] Kissing Holy Texts in Unholy volumes

Rabbi Meir G. Rabi via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Sep 21 20:31:28 PDT 2016

It is true that we would likely not kiss and show honour to a 1000-page
encyclopaedia volume that included a bencher or siddur
HOWEVER the question was asked I suspect with great care -  When I finish
bentshing off my phone should I kiss the phone BEFORE CLOSING THAT SCREEN?

Kissing that screen is like kissing THAT page in the 1000-page encyclopaedia

however, probably Assur due to health and hygiene - you'd need to do like
the Mohalim, use a pipette.

Best,

Meir G. Rabi