[Avodah] whole wheat challah

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Sep 22 00:59:59 PDT 2016

The second volume of Mesoras Moshe of piskei halacha of RMF recently
appeared.
These are based on coversations of RMF with his grandson R. Mordechai
Tendler and edited and gone over by several talmidim of RMF and authorized
by the family
I glanced at it quickly and one psak I saw was that RMF discouraged using
whole wheat challot on shabbat. He felt that the darker color was not kavod
shabbat and generations in Europe ate white challah

I would venture that this depends on the times and would be less relevant
today from even the recent times of RMF

What I found more disturbing was the conclusion that some people have a
craziness that not only is it healthier to eat whole wheat  but that never
eat white bread. This is a craziness and one should not consider them

A sefer Halichot Ha-Ish of piskei halacha from Rav Elyashiv was also just
published
(I was in Gittlers in Bnei Brak yesterday)

On a similar level RYBS was very insistent on wearing a white shirt on
shabbat.
I note in my shul that it is becoming more common to see light blue or even
striped shirts on shabbat. Again how much of this dress wear in time
dependent?

--
Eli Turkel