[Avodah] whole wheat challah

Marty Bluke via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Sep 22 21:10:38 PDT 2016

R' Eli Turkel asked
> I note in my shul that it is becoming more common to see light blue or even
> striped shirts on shabbat. Again how much of this dress wear in time
> dependent?"

Of course it is completely time dependent, Did Chazal wear white shirts?
No one even 200 years ago wore suits white shirts and ties on shabbos.
In fact even 100 years ago the typical Lithuanian yeshiva bachur dressed
differently then today (just look at Professor Levine's pictures) and
would not be recognized as a yeshiva bachur today.