[Avodah] Using an oven for both fleishigs and milchigs

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Aug 30 12:06:48 PDT 2016

On 30/08/16 14:27, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
>>> I understand that some people are mahmir not to use the same
>>> glassware for both meat and milk,

>> This is not a chumra.  It's ikar hadin, according to Ashkenazim.

> Common practice is to use the same drinking glasses for both milchig
> and fleishig meals

For Ashkenazim there is no difference between glass and ceramics.
Drinking glasses are always used cold, so it doesn't matter what they're
made of.  They could be ceramic or metal and they'd still be usable at
both kinds of meals, so long as they're clean.   If he's permitting them
to be used for hot drinks as well, he's assuming that we're talking about
hot pareve tea *after* the meal; the tea is parev, and there's no meat or
milk to be nivla` at one meal and niflat at the other.  I doubt he'd permit
a glass used for milchig coffee to be used for hot tea *while* eating meat,
let alone putting meat in the glass.

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other