[Avodah] Using an oven for both fleishigs and milchigs

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Aug 29 12:15:39 PDT 2016

On 29/08/16 07:43, Simon Montagu via Avodah wrote:
> Why go to such trouble? Glass is neither bolea` nor polet.

Only for Sefardim.  Ashkenazim hold that glass is the same as ceramics,
and not only is it bolea` and polet, but hag`ala doesn't help.

> I understand that some people are mahmir not to use the same
> glassware for both meat and milk,

This is not a chumra.  It's ikar hadin, according to Ashkenazim.

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other