[Avodah] Emunah, intelligent design, scientific processes

Akiva Miller via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Aug 16 05:34:25 PDT 2016

R' Meir Rabi wrote:

>>> If the question - does Gd exist?, were approached using the scientific
approach, there is no question that the most elegant postulate is, Gd must
exist because there must be a beginning somewhere - ...

I disagree. This approach invites the question,  "If there must have been a
beginning somewhere, then where was Gd's beginning?"

There *are* answers to that question, but it seems to me that the postulate
that the universe always existed is more elegant, because it does not
invite such questions to begin with.

Akiva Miller