[Avodah] birchat kohanim - tenai based on which shitah is right

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Aug 15 14:05:53 PDT 2016

On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 12:53:56PM -0400, Jacob Trachtman via Avodah wrote:
: I know the poskim use tenaim like that sometimes but I don't understand
: how it works. What is the objective reality that decides the tenai? Since
: the Torah is *lo bashamayim *is there an objectively right answer (e.g. as
: to whether it is appropriate to say hallel) or is the right answer based on
: the hachraah of a posek?

Or, both answers are right in superposition, since there is no pesaq,
and therefore my act has two meanings, in superposition.

After all, my kavanah is one of "maybe", which is itself being willing to
entertain both sides. This notion of two coexisting valid intepretations
of my act actually fits my state of mind when doing it?

Micha Berger             Life isn't about finding yourself
micha at aishdas.org        Life is about creating yourself.
http://www.aishdas.org                - Bernard Shaw
Fax: (270) 514-1507