[Avodah] how do you teach emuna?

Marty Bluke via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Aug 8 20:44:42 PDT 2016

The Ramban al Hatorah (Bamidbar 15:22) when talking about how the entire
Jewish people could sin bshogeg writes:

*"In our sinfulness, this has already happened in the days of the evil
kings of Israel, such as Jeroboam, that most of the nation completely
forgot Torah and the commandments, and the instance in the book of Ezra
about the people of the Second Temple."*

The Ramban writes that in the times of the first Beis Hamikdash as well as
the time of Ezra most of the Jewish people *completely* forgot the Torah.
So according to the Ramban these were not teshuva revivals but reteaching
them the Torah that they had forgotten.