[Avodah] bnos tzlafchad

Lisa Liel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Aug 7 13:58:13 PDT 2016

On 8/5/2016 7:37 PM, saul newman via Avodah wrote:
> someone  asked  me  why all of  a  sudden after 40 yr  they were
>  swept up to be married.  why all of a sudden, he asked
> rhetorically---and contended that , without a nadden they were not
> desirable. the sudden promise of land made them desirable.

In the novel The Daughters Victorious, the reason given is that it was
because of the uncertainty of the inheritance between when they first
asked about it and when they got their final answer. The book is heavily
researched and footnoted, so I suspect the author had some source for
it.  If not, it's a reasonable supposition.

Lisa