[Avodah] leviim on duty

Ben Waxman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Jul 12 19:53:21 PDT 2016

RZS was correct, that my original post I mistakenly stated where they
were and what they're job is. I looked at the Mishna and the Rambam and
it is clear why no one does it today. Number one, they would have to go
to Har Habayit and who says that this mitzva is docheh the possible
karet issue? Secondly, according to the Rambam they are there to give
kavod to the Beit Hamikdash. Is that what Levi'im would doing to today,
when the Beit Hamiqdash isn't there and that mosque is? If there is no
Beit HaMiqdash, why are they needed?

Ben