[Avodah] Women and Davening

Professor L. Levine via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Sep 25 14:23:57 PDT 2016

From

http://tinyurl.com/zsfk2vp

CConclusion

>From our discussion, we see that according to the letter
of the law women should daven at least twice a day.
Those who are busy with children are exempt, but should recite a
short tefilah in the morning before going about their day. For those women who are able to daven, it should be noted that they do not have to feel that they must daven the entire
Shacharis. It is not all or nothing.

Below is a chart that lists which parts of tefilah women should daven
(those who have time to daven).

Modeh Ani
- Yes
Birchos Hashachar
- Yes
Birchas HaTorah
- Yes
Korbanos
- No
Pesukei D'zimrah
- No according to many
poskim
Birchos Krias Shema
- If she wants (Ashkenazi; some
Sephardi poskim permit a Sephardi woman as well)
Shema Yisrael and Baruch  Shem
- Yes
Emes V 'yatziv until ga'al Yisrael
- Yes