[Avodah] hachi garsinan

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Sep 16 01:24:16 PDT 2016

*for Talmud  Bavli Variants *
*Version 3*
We are pleased to announce the launch of the new version of the "Hachi
Garsinan" website - the Friedberg Website for Talmud Bavli Variants, part
of the Friedberg Portal: http://jewishmanuscripts.org
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001fbZ2_ELz2TfDN0iFifbHaeFORX71rpqFFXWD0XGneS8K6NBFFlQRb6sJDbF1XIqlUJp7_j5RcwVuna7t7Sqdqw0aEDAzVQlUvLjdv6Vs22PnZBGj5cOcCod6H1MdM3oP01JGyyj0PQ_oOutdGoV4npNne-IAQTjTgjJcAC19psvNz2U3whYtZA==&c=wfeHCYPGL6qg5mr9OpypDpEREv20q-79XXtXpVYTswJwScFcbiAzPg==&ch=GWPT-v4qc44ati_e9fWTxJD0cWs1YyTCB04yl6gBRTq9Ihoh7ohiQg==>

For details, including a list of new Manuscripts see below.

With this release, we are starting a new chapter in the FGP/FJMS Projects.

Genazim Digital, which was directed by Professor Yaacov Choueka since its
inception, was recently merged into Amutat Kitvei Yad, a new non-profit
organization. This was done at the time of ProfessorYaacov Choueka's
Retirement in June 2016.

Amutat Kitvei Yad is under the direction of The Friedberg Genizah Project
(FGP) and The Friedberg Jewish Manuscripts Society (FJMS).

Our goals are to continue updating the sites implemented by Genazim
Digital; including The FGP Cairo Genizah Site, The Talmud Variants Site,
and others.

We are also in the process of creating new sites to increase the breadth of
the FGP/FJMS Projects.

We look forward to continuing the groundbreaking work done by Professor
Choueka, and to add to this important work.

Wishing everyone a Shana Tova - A Happy New Year.

Allen Krasna  C.E.O. Amutat Kitvei Yad.

The Friedberg Project Bavli Variants for Talmud Version: 3

The following manuscripts have been added to the new version:

   1. *Rab. 15* *(JTS 15)* - Avodah Zarah
   2. *Rab. 1623* *(Enelow 271)* - Pesahim, Yoma
   3. *Harley 5508* *(British Library 400)* - Rosh ha-Shanah, Yoma, Sukkah,
   Beitzah, Ta'anit, Megillah, Mo'ed Qatan, Hagigah
   4. *Fr. 51-68* (*Nürnberg [Pappenheim*]) - pages from tractate Mo'ed
   5. *Suppl. Heb 1408/82-84 (Paris 1408) *- Tamid
   6. *Yevr. I 190/1-21* (*Firkovich 190*) - Bava Batra
   7. *Cod. hebr. 95 (Munich 95)* - Rosh ha-Shanah, Yoma, Sukkah, Megillah,
   Yevamot, Ketubbot, Nedarim, Nazir, Sotah, Bava Qamma, Bava Metz'ia, Avodah
   Zarah, Zevahim, Menahot, Hullin, Bekhorot. The other tractates of this
   manuscript will be uploaded in the near future.

--
Eli Turkel