[Avodah] How do we evaluate nezeq nowadays of a person?

Marty Bluke via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Aug 21 21:18:07 PDT 2016

The first mishna in hachovel states that if you knock someone's eye out
etc. you pay based on the difference in value that he would be sold on the
slave market with and without an eye. How would this work today when we
have no slave market? The shulchan aruch just quotes the din of the Gemara
as does the Aruch Hashulchan and even the Pischei Choshen that you evaluate
him as a slave. What would the din be today when we have no slave market?