[Avodah] intelligent design + emuna

Daas Books via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Aug 10 10:41:35 PDT 2016

There is a 3rd alternative: that we don¹t know.

I believe this is the position of most irreligious people; not atheism but
agnosticism.

They don¹t disbelieve in a Creator, they merely say, the evidence for a
Creator is no stronger than the evidence for a lucky accidental fluctuation
in the nothingness of the mutiverse.

You and I obviously disagree with their assessment, but that¹s what they
say.

BTW, I am presently reading a wonderful book that anyone interested in this
topic would do well to read.

It¹s called The Cosmic Code by the late Prof. Heinz Pagels
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_Pagels> .

He tells the story of Einstein, Bohr, Relativity and Quantum Mechanics in a
very engaging and understandable way (i.e., as a story), and continually
refers to God as the creator, and the scientist¹s job is to understand God¹s
creation. It doesn¹t come across as religious (I don¹t know whether or not
he was) but respectful of theism, in a very Einsteinian way (³I don¹t
believe God plays dice.²). He didn¹t know Einstein personally, but studied
at Princeton with people who knew him, and Einstein was often quoted as
saying he got his intuitive insights from ³The Old One².

Here¹s the book:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0486485064?ie=UTF8&tag=j099-20

FYI

Alexander Seinfeld