[Avodah] manuscript of the Rambam

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Jul 13 00:22:13 PDT 2016

I understood from RHS that there was a manuscript of the Rambam on the
first perek of shabbat found by Professor Asaf
Unfortunately I haven't found any reference to it (yet) on the internet.

as an aside there is now available a manuscript of the Mishneh Torah (and
other early manuscripts) see
http://www.seforimonline.org/new-rare-manuscripts-of-the-tanach-and-of-the-rambam-added-to-the-database/

This document is widely considered the most splendid of the extant
manuscripts of the*Mishneh Torah*, the systematic code of Jewish law
produced by Moses ben Maimon, better known as Maimonides. The manuscript
was made by a copyist from Spain, who commissioned an artist to illustrate
the work and left space in the margins for drawings, decorative panels, and
illuminations. The artwork was done in Italy, possibly in the workshop of
Mateo De Ser Cambio in Perugia, circa 1400. A few ornamental headings and
signs of textual divisions were done in Spain. Many important textual
changes in the margins of the manuscript correspond to those found in the
version of this work proofread by Maimonides himself.

some other manuscripts of the Rambam appear in
http://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/Taylor-Schechter/maimonides-exhibition.html

for a discussion of various manuscripts of the Mishneh Torah see also
http://www.oxfordchabad.org/templates/blog/post_cdo/AID/708481/PostID/24373/iid/1
--
Eli Turkel