[Avodah] listening to governments and derabbanan

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Jul 8 12:16:02 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 04:39:43PM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
: I don't know what point you were trying to make, but I'm wondering if you
: considered the possibility that "lo bashamayim hee" might teach us that
: their legislation IS His will, by definition.

It is His Will that humans legislate, but a particular decision may not
necessarily in accord with His Will.

Just as it is possible to say that it is His Will that humans have our
own free will, while still saying that the Nazi decision to slaughter
us was not in accord with His Will. Even though the Desire to have free
willed humans may have been part of what oughtweighed stopping them.

Also, in discussions of hashgachah peratis... I don't think you would
argue that denying universal HP is logically meaningless because a
Divine Decision to abandon someone to miqreh or teva is itself a form
of hashgachah.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             When a king dies, his power ends,
micha at aishdas.org        but when a prophet dies, his influence is just
http://www.aishdas.org   beginning.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                    - Soren Kierkegaard