[Avodah] whole wheat challah

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Sep 23 07:41:26 PDT 2016

On 22/09/16 23:10, Marty Bluke via Avodah wrote:
> R' Eli Turkel asked
>> > I note in my shul that it is becoming more common to see light blue or even
>> > striped shirts on shabbat. Again how much of this dress wear in time
>> > dependent?"
> Of course it is completely time dependent, Did Chazal wear white shirts?

They wore long white tunics, whereas during the week workmen wore short
tunics, which were generally no longer very white, even if they started
out that way.

Still, I agree that what's special about white is its social status,
which no longer exists.

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other