[Avodah] Safety warning re: microwave Pareve Fleisihg

Rabbi Meir G. Rabi via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat Aug 27 03:17:34 PDT 2016

A) It is not necessary to double wrap or even single wrap or even cover any
food heated or cooked in a microwave oven even an oven used for non-Kosher.

There is no intense cloud of heated steam to ever connect the food to the
walls of the oven. Therefore the walls are never connected to the food
heated in the oven.

The Kashrus issue is limited to the platter-turntable which is likely to be
contaminated by boil-overs which are not uncommon in microwave ovens. The
solution is easy, use a disposable or a dedicated microwave safe platter
for your Kosher, or milk or dairy foods.

B) if you prefer to, you may cover the food being heated with a loose cover
that permits escape of steam, or wrap it slash out pierce the wrapping to
permit steam to escape. Their is certainly only a one way link that
guarantees the Kashrus integrity of the wrapped food.