[Avodah] How to teach emuna

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Aug 10 05:43:26 PDT 2016

On 10/08/16 03:37, Marty Bluke wrote:
> R' Zev Sero asked:

>> "What makes you think that these ovdei AZ weren't also ovdei Hashem?  What
>> makes you think they weren't boki beshas (or its then equivalent)?  These
>> were *not* untraditional Jews.  They were active Jews who also worshipped
>> AZ, because they had a strong yetzer hara to do so."

> The Ramban that I quoted states explicitly that the majority of Jews
> completely forgot Torah and Mitzvos.

He refers to Yerov'am, not Yoshiyahu.   I don't know his source that this
happened in Yerov'am's time, especially since the gemara tells us that
even by Ach'av's time they were still keeping kosher, and the names of
Ach'av's sons show that they still worshipped Hashem -- he didn't call them
Achazbaal and Baalram, but at any rate it has no connection to what was
happening in Yehudah, where they had and attended the BHMK even while they
were serving AZ in Gei Ben Hinnom.

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other