[Avodah] how do you teach emuna?

Marty Bluke via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Aug 7 22:14:45 PDT 2016

On Monday, August 8, 2016, Yosef Gavriel Bechhofer <rygb at aishdas.org> wrote:
> There are no cogent arguments against intelligent design properly
> understood. Conversely, while this is not a popular position to take in our
> day, there are no cogent arguments for abiogenesis. Yahadus qua Yahadus is,
> indeed, more complicated - but possesses ample arguments as well.

The Ramban in his introduction to the milchamos writes that Torah is not
mathematics with objective proofs. Rather in Torah you try to find the
opinion that makes more sense to you based on proofs etc.

The same principle applies to discussions about emuna. There are no
absolute proofs and therefore we shouldn't go about claiming there are.