[Avodah] derabban

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jul 11 14:59:52 PDT 2016

On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 09:05:23PM +0300, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
: In modern terms the Netivot says that all rabbanan decrees are gavra
: and not cheftza. Eating meat and milk (cooked together) the mixture is
: prohibited. Eating chicken and milk cooked together there is nothing
: wrong with the mixture. It is rebelling against the chachamim to eat it
: on purpose (lo tasur) or rabbinic if eaten le-teavon.

I don't understand this last sentence.

We are talking about grounding the duty to obey a derabbanan. If we say
that in some circumstance that duty is itself derabbanan, haven't we
reached circular reasoning?

IOW, if there is no chiyuv de'oraisa to resist tei'avon to obey a
derabbanan, then how could the chakhamim create the meta-chiyuv in a
way that we would be duty-bound to obey? The meta-chuyuv too is versus
to'eivah, not rebellion.

Did RMA give part 2 of the shiur yet?

Micha Berger             "The worst thing that can happen to a
micha at aishdas.org        person is to remain asleep and untamed."
http://www.aishdas.org          - Rabbi Simcha Zissel Ziv, Alter of Kelm
Fax: (270) 514-1507