[Avodah] a priori ideas in the "mind" of God

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Jun 22 19:24:31 PDT 2016

On 06/22/2016 05:55 PM, David Riceman via Avodah wrote:
> It’s perfectly respectable for someone in the Rambam’s era to use
> neoplatonic ideas without comment. Today it requires serious
> justification.

Why?  What scientific discovery between then and now has discredited
neoplatonism?   *Can* a school of philosophy be discredited?  Do they
make testable claims that can be refuted?

If you mean merely that it's no longer fashionable, why should that
matter?  We Jews have never let fashion dictate our philosophies, and
why should we?

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other