[Avodah] Salted butter?

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat May 7 22:00:49 PDT 2016

On 05/08/2016 12:35 AM, Simon Montagu wrote:

> Thanks for all the info, but I think the question is still open: *why* doesn't Tenuva sell salted butter made without shabbat milk in Israel? In other words, what is cause here and what is effect? Is there some reason why people who only eat Badatz don't eat salted butter anyway, so there's no point in selling it here?

Well, I don't see how it can be a halachic issue, since they do sell it
with the mehadrin hechsher in the USA, to consumers whose kashrut standards
are presumably the same those of Israeli mehadrin consumers.   Nor, given
the size and internal diversity of the Israeli mehadrin market, and its
overlap with the USA one, can it plausibly be attributed to a cultural
difference.

What I'd really like to know is why the salted butter isn't available
in 100g packs, in either country.

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other