[Avodah] cooking kitniyot in a peasdik pot

Simon Montagu via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun May 1 02:45:17 PDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Simon Montagu <simon.montagu at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 4:35 AM, Akiva Miller via Avodah <
>> He cites *five* sources on this, but unfortunately, I cannot decipher any
>> of the rashei teivos (which is par for the course, with me and the Kaf
>> Hachayim).

> What if I told you the Kaf Hachayim has an key to rashei teivot at the
> beginning of the first volume?
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't help much with ZR', which he already gives two
> possibilities for, Zera Avraham and Zera Emet, and I've no idea which Zera
> Avraham, but PRH is the Pri Hadash, MHRLNH is R. Levi Ibn Habib, and `RH is
> the Erech Hashulhan. That's as far as I can go before Hag!

Hazon Ovadiah on the Haggada (note 8 on page 55 of the 5739 edition) brings
some of the same sources, without so many rashei teivot:

Shu"t Zera Emet helek 3 (helek Orah Hayyim siman 48)
http://hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=742&st=&pgnum=122
Hukkat Hapesah siman 453
http://hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=7855&st=&pgnum=172

But as far as I can tell none of the sources are directly addressing the
question of an Ashkenazi cooking kitniot in his own house, as opposed to
being invited to a Sephardi.