[Avodah] Fitbit

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Apr 18 04:27:35 PDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Shui Haber <shuihaber at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why is it not mesaken mane?

[transliteration still mine -micha]

They hold that anything that cannot be seen or felt is nor metaken-maneh
or any other melacha.
Of course if one pushes buttons or has a model in which the results are
shown immediately on the watch then it would be forbidden.
The assumption is that nothing on the watch indicates that it is
recording.

Rosen indicated to me that he has written all this but I do not at
present have his teshuva.
The general approach of tzomet is that (almost) all their products
are meant for special individuals etc, sick, police, doctors etc when
needed. Though they don't manufacturer a smart watch the same principles
hold.

--
Eli Turkel