[Avodah] Birchas Kohanim

elazar teitz via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Jun 26 08:51:33 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Zev Sero <zev at sero.name> wrote:
> On 06/24/2016 02:18 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
>> Wouldn't the lack of ma'aseh, even speech, mean there is no mechayev
>> for a berakhah?

> Then what does the mitzvah consist of, exactly?
> In any case, what about shemias kol shofar?  Or lishmoa` megilah, for
> women according to the BeHaG?

In the cases of megilla and shofar, hearing is required; a deaf person
is exempt, and one who is prevented from hearing because of noise is not
yotze.  For birkas kohanim, according to the Sefer Chareidim, I doubt that
there is any requirement other than the blessee's presence and awareness
that the bracha is being given.

EMT