[Avodah] a priori ideas in the "mind" of God

David Riceman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Jun 22 14:55:02 PDT 2016

I read it.  It’s very good, and it’s what prompted me to reread Uvikashtem Misham.

It’s perfectly respectable for someone in the Rambam’s era to use neoplatonic ideas without
comment.  Today it requires serious justification.  The book you cited is RYB’s exposition of the
Rambam’s views, but UM is his exposition of his own views.  Those are the views that
require justification.

DR