[Avodah] Boaz's nisayon with Ruth

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Jun 16 09:07:47 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 11:36:54AM +0300, Marty Bluke via Avodah wrote:
: In any case, with Rivka it doesn't necessarily mean romantic love. In fact,
: the common derasha about Yitzchak and Rivka is that the love only came
: after he married her and brought her into his tent.

I heard as a contrast between real love and love at first sight.

In any case, by the time they get to Gera, they are clearly romantically
in love. Unless the point about Boaz and Rus was about love at first
sight in particular, and we're just using the phnrase "romantic love"
in differing ways.

Micha Berger             Here is the test to find whether your mission
micha at aishdas.org        on Earth is finished:
http://www.aishdas.org   if you're alive, it isn't.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                        - Richard Bach