[Avodah] ohr lagoyim

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Jun 7 14:40:42 PDT 2016

On 06/07/2016 05:20 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 11:22:43PM +0300, Lisa Liel via Avodah wrote:
> : I disagree.  It's a status by definition.  A status that carries
> : with it certain responsibilities and certain restrictions.
>
> Then how could it be conjugated "lekhahein Li" (Shemos 29:1)?

"Melech" and "sar" are statuses, but "limloch" and "lisror" are verbs.
For that matter, the verb  "limloch" doesn't actually involve *doing*
anything, it's just a verbal form of "to be king".

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other